AUR web interface

**This is the bug tracker for the AUR web interface.**

Use this tracker to report bugs or make feature requests regarding the behaviour or implementation of the AUR software.
Please read the Reporting Bug Guidelines before filing a new task.
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Reporting_Bug_Guidelines

- Please report bugs related to Arch Linux official packages here: http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?project=1
- Please report bugs for [community] packages here: http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?project=5
- For any packages in the AUR contact the maintainer or leave a comment on the package's detail page.

Source Code:
https://projects.archlinux.org/aurweb.git/
Tasklist

FS#71355 - References to '/usr/local/bin' need to be replaced with '/usr/bin'

Attached to Project: AUR web interface
Opened by Hunter Wittenborn (hwittenborn) - Friday, 25 June 2021, 09:17 GMT
Task Type Bug Report
Category Backend
Status Unconfirmed
Assigned To No-one
Architecture All
Severity High
Priority Normal
Reported Version 4.7.0
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 0%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

Tested with the installation instructions here: https://git.archlinux.org/aurweb.git/tree/INSTALL?h=v5.0.0

I set up an aurweb instance the other, day, and there was a lingering issue that was present throughout the config for the whole thing.

All the aurweb packages (such as aurweb-git-update) are pointed to '/usr/local/bin' by default, but they're actually installed to '/usr/bin'.

This caused me to have to repoint several files in both the installation instructions and '/etc/aurweb/config'.

Is there any reason it's going to '/usr/local'? My best guess it that stuff would go there during testing, but the setup scripts don't even place things there in the first place.
This task depends upon

2021-08-20: A task closure has been requested. Reason for request: Not a bug. Paths are configurable in $AUR_CONFIG and the script location can be customized on setup.py install.
Comment by Hunter Wittenborn (hwittenborn) - Friday, 25 June 2021, 09:21 GMT
Side note - I'm thinking I pulled from whatever branch is the default (I'm think it's master, but I'm not sure).

I'm not sure if that contributed to any issue or not.
Comment by Hunter Wittenborn (hwittenborn) - Thursday, 01 July 2021, 01:25 GMT
I did some testing on my end, and the issue is present in the 5.0.0 branch as well.
Comment by Kevin Morris (kevr) - Thursday, 19 August 2021, 20:41 GMT
Will update this in `INSTALL` so it's more clear for users:

Install the package on your Arch system with: `python setup.py install --install-scripts=/usr/local/bin`.

You can also modify where the scripts are called from inside of `$AUR_CONFIG`; see `conf/config.defaults` and search `/usr/local/bin` in there -- the script paths are all configurable.

Loading...