Arch Linux

Please read this before reporting a bug:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Bug_reporting_guidelines

Do NOT report bugs when a package is just outdated, or it is in the AUR. Use the 'flag out of date' link on the package page, or the Mailing List.

REPEAT: Do NOT report bugs for outdated packages!
Tasklist

FS#61534 - [kmail] QtWebEngine crashes and makes kmail unusable

Attached to Project: Arch Linux
Opened by Luca Weiss (z3ntu) - Friday, 25 January 2019, 20:26 GMT
Last edited by Antonio Rojas (arojas) - Thursday, 31 January 2019, 19:29 GMT
Task Type Bug Report
Category Packages: Extra
Status Closed
Assigned To Antonio Rojas (arojas)
Architecture All
Severity Critical
Priority Normal
Reported Version
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

Description:
Every time I open kmail, the "mail view" (where the email text should be) flickers while "org.kde.pim.webengineviewer: WebEngine render process crashed" being printed on stdout.
When closing kmail it segfaults.

Additional info:
* kmail 18.12.1-1
* qt5-webengine 5.12.0-1 (or qt5-webengine-debug 5.12.0-1 from the unofficial qt-debug repo)

gdb "bt" output with qt5-webengine debug symbols is attached

Looking back through the various logs, I first saw a crash at "Sat 2019-01-19 19:45:18 CET" (although I didn't restart between that date/time and new year 2019 so some upgrade inbetween might have caused this)


Steps to reproduce:
Open kmail
This task depends upon

Closed by  Antonio Rojas (arojas)
Thursday, 31 January 2019, 19:29 GMT
Reason for closing:  Not a bug
Comment by Antonio Rojas (arojas) - Saturday, 26 January 2019, 08:48 GMT
Please report this upstream to Qt
Comment by Luca Weiss (z3ntu) - Saturday, 26 January 2019, 10:34 GMT Comment by Luca Weiss (z3ntu) - Thursday, 31 January 2019, 19:28 GMT
Figured out the problem with my local setup thanks to https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebengine-debugging.html and those fancy verbose debugging flags (used 'env QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--enable-logging --v=3"' in the end), found a suspicious looking line

[27088:27088:0131/202251.099437:VERBOSE1:content_main_runner_impl.cc(349)] Unable to load plugin /usr/lib/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so libboost_filesystem.so.1.68.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

/usr/lib/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so is owned by lightspark-git 0.8.1.r81.g4be8ad21-1

removed the package and it works again. But I'm still sure the Qt bug report is valid because some error handling is broken there (or it should really not load .so files it cannot load)...

Loading...