Arch Linux

Please read this before reporting a bug:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Reporting_Bug_Guidelines

Do NOT report bugs when a package is just outdated, or it is in the AUR. Use the 'flag out of date' link on the package page, or the Mailing List.

REPEAT: Do NOT report bugs for outdated packages!
Tasklist

FS#47898 - oxygen-cursors-5.5.3-1 wrong size cursor displayed in some applications

Attached to Project: Arch Linux
Opened by xkero (xkero) - Tuesday, 26 January 2016, 07:19 GMT
Last edited by Antonio Rojas (arojas) - Tuesday, 26 January 2016, 08:04 GMT
Task Type Bug Report
Category Packages: Extra
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Architecture x86_64
Severity Medium
Priority Normal
Reported Version
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

Description:

After upgrading oxygen-cursors from version 5.5.2-1 to 5.5.3-1 some applications now display my cursor at a larger size than I have set in ~/.Xresources.

Downgrading back to 5.5.2-1 fixes the issue.


Additional info:

.Xresources contents:
Xcursor.theme: Oxygen_Zion
Xcursor.size: 48
Xft.dpi: 168

Applications tested:
pavucontrol: wrong size
i3wm: wrong size
steam: wrong size
copyq: wrong size
chromium: correct size
konsole: correct size
kate: correct size
cantata: correct size

I have two screens, a hidpi (3840x2160) monitor and a full hd (1920x1080) monitor, cursor issue happens on both screens.


Steps to reproduce:

Upgrade oxygen-cursors from version 5.5.2-1 to 5.5.3-1.
Move cursor over applications and watch cursor size change.
This task depends upon

Closed by  Antonio Rojas (arojas)
Tuesday, 26 January 2016, 08:04 GMT
Reason for closing:  Not a bug
Comment by Antonio Rojas (arojas) - Tuesday, 26 January 2016, 07:31 GMT
There is no difference whasoever between oxygen-cursors 5.5.2 and 5.5.3, so this can't be the reason. Try removing ~/.cache
Comment by xkero (xkero) - Tuesday, 26 January 2016, 08:00 GMT
Okay figured out a fix,
As per the wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cursor_themes#X_resources) I had "xrdb ~/.Xresources &" in my ~/.xinitrc, removing the "&" at the end so it has to exit before loading my window manager seems to fix the issue.
I'm assuming it was a race condition with my window manager loading up before xrdb had finished.
No idea why it doesn't occur with the older package if they are the same, I tested restarting the whole computer multiple times after downgrading the package, then upgrading and it only triggers with 5.5.3-1 installed.

Loading...