Arch Linux

Please read this before reporting a bug:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Bug_reporting_guidelines

Do NOT report bugs when a package is just outdated, or it is in the AUR. Use the 'flag out of date' link on the package page, or the Mailing List.

REPEAT: Do NOT report bugs for outdated packages!
Tasklist

FS#23776 - Corrupted libmysqlclient 5.5.11 packages on most mirrors

Attached to Project: Arch Linux
Opened by Alphazo (alphazo) - Friday, 15 April 2011, 10:20 GMT
Last edited by Andrea Scarpino (BaSh) - Friday, 15 April 2011, 13:04 GMT
Task Type Bug Report
Category Packages: Extra
Status Closed
Assigned To No-one
Architecture x86_64
Severity High
Priority Normal
Reported Version
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No

Details

Using Pacman I coulnd't upgrade my libmysqlclient to the latest version 5.5.11. I decided to manually download it from a mirror and ran:

sudo pacman -U ~/Downloads/libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

error: error while reading package /home/alpha/Downloads/libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz: Lzma library error: Corrupted input dataTruncated input file (needed 3589632 bytes, only 0 available)
error: '/home/alpha/Downloads/libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz': libarchive error

According to xz tools, it looks like the package is corrupted:

# wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/extra/os/x86_64/libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
# xz -t libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

xz: libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz: Compressed data is corrupt

I tried with versions from different mirrors but they all gave the same error.
This task depends upon

Closed by  Andrea Scarpino (BaSh)
Friday, 15 April 2011, 13:04 GMT
Reason for closing:  Not a bug
Additional comments about closing:  see the last comment
Comment by Jelle van der Waa (jelly) - Friday, 15 April 2011, 10:38 GMT
Works here from various mirrors. Perhaps your root partition / disk is full?
Comment by Alphazo (alphazo) - Friday, 15 April 2011, 12:00 GMT
I still have plenty of space on my root partition.

# df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 10M 0 10M 0% /dev
run 10M 336K 9.7M 4% /run
/dev/sda3/ 290G 267G 8.2G 98% /
shm 1.9G 644K 1.9G 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 92M 35M 53M 40% /boot
/dev/mapper/truecrypt1 247G 213G 21G 92% /home/alpha/SECURE

# wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/extra/os/x86_64/libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
--2011-04-15 13:59:04-- http://mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/extra/os/x86_64/libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
Resolving mirrors.kernel.org... 130.239.17.6, 199.6.1.174
Connecting to mirrors.kernel.org|130.239.17.6|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 3097060 (3.0M) [application/x-xz]
Saving to: “libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz”

100%[===================================================================================================================>] 3,097,060 680K/s in 5.3s

2011-04-15 13:59:10 (574 KB/s) - “libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz” saved [3097060/3097060]

alpha@fatfly ~/Downloads % xz -t libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
xz: libmysqlclient-5.5.11-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz: Compressed data is corrupt
Comment by Alphazo (alphazo) - Friday, 15 April 2011, 12:23 GMT
seems a wget issue (although I have the same error with Firefox). A friend of mine did the above without any problem. Both files have the exact same size but a diff reveal some differences.

Finally found out that the issue comes from WiFi connection (but only on this given package!!). Switching back to copper solved the problem. Man, that is weird considering that wget reports that download is fine.
Comment by Alphazo (alphazo) - Friday, 15 April 2011, 12:53 GMT
Alright people I isolated the problem. It was a problem with my Intel wireless driver. I upgraded to a more recent one from AUR (compat-wireless_patched-daily) and problem is fixed. This is crazy!

Loading...