Community Packages

Please read this before reporting a bug:

Do NOT report bugs when a package is just outdated, or it is in the AUR. Use the 'flag out of date' link on the package page, or the Mailing List.

REPEAT: Do NOT report bugs for outdated packages!

FS#15179 - [cdemu-daemon] broken

Attached to Project: Community Packages
Opened by Papadopoulos, Mihail (scarecrow) - Saturday, 20 June 2009, 06:53 GMT
Last edited by Andrea Scarpino (BaSh) - Sunday, 21 June 2009, 10:20 GMT
Task Type Bug Report
Status Closed
Assigned To Mateusz Herych (Partition)
Architecture All
Severity Low
Priority Normal
Reported Version
Due in Version Undecided
Due Date Undecided
Percent Complete 100%
Votes 0
Private No


cdemu does not start after the last package upgrade

Additional info:
* package version(s)
* config and/or log files etc.
From /var/log/daemon.log

Jun 20 07:41:37 core2lin cdemud[7163]: open(/usr/var/run/ No such file or directory
Jun 20 07:41:37 core2lin cdemud[7163]: Could not create PID file: No such file or directory.

Steps to reproduce: -

Apparently the daemon wants to create its PID to the nonexisting directory /usr/var/run
Creating this directory by hand does allow the daemon to start, but it should be fixed in a cleaner way.
This task depends upon

Closed by  Andrea Scarpino (BaSh)
Sunday, 21 June 2009, 10:20 GMT
Reason for closing:  Not a bug
Additional comments about closing:   FS#15192 
Comment by Christian Léger (EvilSnowball) - Saturday, 20 June 2009, 23:49 GMT
I had that issue as well. I've discovered that cdemu-daemon uses libdaemon to create its pidfile. So I added the --localstatedir=/var option on the ./configure line in libdaemon's PKGBUILD and recompiled. cdemud now creates the pidfile in /var/run and it works as normal again. I think the last update to the filesystem package (2009.01-1 -> 2009.01-2) might have triggered the problem as it removed the /usr/var directory from the filesystem...
Comment by Christian Léger (EvilSnowball) - Sunday, 21 June 2009, 00:46 GMT
I've created a new bug report (with solution) for the libdaemon package (#15192). That's where the problem really is.